It’s Friday, the best day of the week. Time to have some fun and get ready for a great weekend. I was talking with a coworker about running/workout music and we both shared that we each had some super embarrassing stuff on our iPods that really got us moving. So I say we embrace the embarrassment and share the most “horrifying” songs on our iPods used for running or working out.
• Theme from Rocky (I haven’t even seen the movie, but the Gonna Fly Now song gets me rocking every time!)
• Stronger by Britney Spears (this one is so bad, it doesn’t even need a comment)
• Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Lepard (Yeah, seriously)
Okay, ‘fess up and share! Happy Friday and a great weekend to everyone!
A few Ninja Niblets for the week…
Current Workout Music Obsessions
–Friday by the Glee Cast
–On the Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga
–Dirty Dancing by Enrique Iglesias
New Healthy Recipe: Grilled Veggies
I got a grill basket for my grill so I could cook veggies. Yesterday I chopped up red and green peppers, onions and mushrooms and then sprayed them with butter flavored cooking spray and a sprinkle of garlic powder. I put them in the basket and on the grill for about 3 – 4 minutes and enjoyed. Completely fat free food and extremely delicious. It makes a great side dish to any entree or even a quick snack.
I absolutely cannot work out without music. It has to be super fast and upbeat to get me pumping. I’m always looking for new tunes to add to my playlists.
Current favorite workout songs:
- Club Can’t Handle Me by Flo Rida
- Jump (For Your Love) by The Pointer Sisters
- I Run For Life by Melissa Etheridge
- Take a Chance On Me originally by ABBA, but remixed to a fast, techno beat by A*Teens
- I Like It (feat. Pitbull) by Enrique Iglesias
- My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson
What are your favorite workout tunes? Share and swap ideas!